Tulmeadow Ice Cream
In August of 1994, we began making ice cream at the farm. Our goal was to make really great ice cream, so that our customers would want to come back again and again. The readers of Hartford Magazine voted Tulmeadow Farm “Best Ice Cream” of 2010 and again in their recent 2011 Readers Poll. We scoop our ice cream at the Farm Store, mid-April through October 30th. Our hours vary a bit, but we usually open at noon and close at 9:30pm throughout the summer, closing at 9:00pm, then 8:00pm in the fall. The store closes earlier as the season wanes. During September and October, we open by 1:30pm during the week. Don’t be afraid to call ahead to check our store hours, at 860-658-1430, particularly if you are coming from a distance.
We make over 50 different flavors of very rich 16% butterfat gourmet ice cream. Our top selling flavor is Red Raspberry with Chocolate Chips.
We produce large quantities of our ice cream in quarts and pints, which are sold in our Farm Store, while also supplying some local stores with quarts of ice cream for retail sale. Additionally, we have developed a line of flavors that we sell at two Whole Foods Stores in Connecticut.
This fall Bushy Hill Orchard in Granby is also scooping our ice cream.
Locally, you can find Tulmeadow Ice Cream quarts at:
- Fitzgerald’s Foods on Rt 10, Simsbury, CT
- Kane’s Market on Rt 10, Simsbury, CT
- Marandino’s on Rt 44, New Hartford, CT
- The Meat House on Rt 44, Avon, CT
- Whole Foods on Raymond Rd, West Hartford, CT
- Whole Foods, Glastonbury, CT
Karabin Farms on Andrew Street in Southington also sells our ice cream quarts and novelty treats as well.
Local restaurants offering our ice cream on their menus:
- Atillio’s @ Simsbury Farms, Simsbury, CT
- First and Last Tavern, Avon, CT
- Luna Pizza in the Simsbury Commons, Simsbury, CT
- Taqueria Tavern on Park Road, West Hartford, CT
Of course, ice cream pies, ice cream sandwiches, and ice cream on-a-stick are for sale in the Tulmeadow Farm Store year-round for your enjoyment.